Thursday, May 22, 2014

Bi-weekly Beaut-itorial & SUMMER SENIOR SPECIAL

I've got some good stuff & some good stuff for you today!

What better way to kick off summer than with an awesome deal? 2015 seniors, I've got one for YOU!


YAY! GLAM sessions are my favorite! Don't wait to book your session, I have limited spots open!

On to the other 'good stuff'...the bi-weekly beaut-itorial by Lindsay! P.S. sorry for the funky layout and spacing..I have no clue what blogger is doing, it looks so much better as a draft and I can't fix it :/

As a Makeup artist I constantly have clients and friends asking me what products I use at home. I have decided to compose a list of some of the beauty products I just cannot live without.
#1- Neutrogena Oil free Pink Grapefruit Acne Wash. I was not blessed with good skin; in fact since adolescence I have been battling overly oily skin, and acne. I found that this scrub works very well in combination with my skin. They also make one without the exfoliating beads for those who prefer their face wash with out them. I actually use them both.
#2- Nerium AD Night cream & Day cream. I began using these products about a year ago, and the results have been incredible, almost unbelievable. I don't dare go to bed at night without the anti aging night cream, it not only reduces aging lines, but it also has reduced the size of my pore and has kept my acne at bay. I am young enough that I really don’t have a lot of aging lines, but I am counting on keeping them away as I get older with this product. The Day cream has also been amazing, I normally go for an oil free moisturizer, but now I am using the day cream. The Day Cream makes an amazing primer and helps my makeup stay put. These products have been a life changer.

#3- Physicians Formula Twins Concealer. This concealer is my favorite. I use the yellow to lighten and brighten up the under eye area, and the twin side of the concealer to cover blemishes. This product is relatively inexpensive and can be found at most major supermarkets.

#4- Urban Decay Eye Primer. One of the biggest complaints I get from friends about their make up is that their eye make up does not stay put, and creases mid day. This is the eye primer I use at home and with it I never have that problem.

#5- Divine Line by CoastalScents.com. This Gel eyeliner is my absolute favorite. It goes on nice and smooth and has incredible longevity. I can't tell you how many clients of mine have raved about how well their eyeliner stayed throughout the day or their special event. Yep, it's a good one.

#6- CoverGirl Brow & Eye Makers. This is what I use to fill in my eyebrows. Yes it's an inexpensive drug store brand, but it works. If you would like some tips on how to use it refer to the eyebrow Beaut-itorial.

#7- Bare Minerals Well Rested. This is an amazing eye highlighter/eye brightener. I love using this in combination with the physician’s formula concealer to hide any dark circles.

#8- Egg shaped makeup sponge. I love these sponges; they are perfect for getting into the edges on your face.

#9- Angle Brush. This is the very angle brush that I use. I can't even tell you how many different purposes it has. I use this brush for eyebrow powder, eye-lining, and eye makeup. I could not live without it.

#10- Bare Minerals Matte powder foundation. I use this powder for setting my foundation, and because I have oily skin, yes I get the Matte. This powder does a great job and setting my makeup and keeping it in place.

#11- Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing sheets. These sheets are a must have, especially if you have oily skin. You simply take one out, dab it on your face and then reapply your powder. It’s a great way of freshening up your face mid day.

#12-NYX Matte Lip Cream. This lip cream is my new favorite thing to wear on my lips. When it comes to make up I often tell my clients to either play up their eyes or play up their lips, but never both. Most days I chose to play up my eyes and go with a soft, nude, matte lip. I have this lip cream in many different colors but I would have to say that my favorites are Stockholm, Abu Dhabi, and London. The color has great longevity, and if you prefer a gloss, you can always finish it off with a clear lip shine.

#13- NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray. Once I have all my makeup completed I use NYX's setting spray to set my makeup for the day. I simply pump it a few times and mist it over my face. This product really does give your makeup more longevity.





-Lindsay




0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm in this for the long haul, and I'm glad you've joined me.

-Rachel
'Hate on, & watch me fly'-J*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...