Thursday, April 24, 2014

Bi-weekly Beaut-itorial


I am SO excited to start this Bi-weekly Beaut-itorial on my blog!  I don't want to start rambling about my excitement, so let's just get to it!

Ladies....Please meet my GLAM Session Hair & Makeup Artist, Lindsay!  She will be giving us tips, tricks, and answering questions if you have them twice a month, here on the blog!  Not only is she a great makeup artist, but she can draw too (see below)! ;)   If you have any questions on hair, make up, application, product, etc. please leave a comment so she can address it in a future blog post!

ENJOY!


Okay, lets talk about one of my favorite beauty subjects, eyebrows. It is truly amazing how much properly shaped eyebrows will open up the eyes; it's almost like an instant eyelift. Since the eyebrows frame the eyes, they are one of the first things people see when they look at you; they are the part of the face that conveys such a large amount of your facial expression and emotion. Eyebrows are often neglected, but are such an important part of the beauty regimen.
Not all eyebrow shapes are created equally. Some clients walk in with the perfect natural arch, while others have strait or boxy looking eyebrows that require more attention and maintenance. Those who have thick eyebrows with a good natural arch can usually get away with minimal trimming and plucking or waxing; usually once about every 6 weeks. For those who need more help it’s usually a good idea to start off seeking consultation from someone who knows eyebrows and have them show you how to achieve the best eyebrow shape possible for you. As an eyebrow consultant, I usually start by showing my client where the base, tail, and arch of the eyebrow should be based on the shape of their face. Next I wax the brows, giving them as much arch as possible without going too thin; followed by trimming them. Then I suggest options on how to enhance their eyebrows with makeup each day while doing your beauty routine. The most common mistakes I see when it comes to eyebrow shaping is taking them too thin, taking too much off of the base, or drawing them on too sharp.


There are many options on filling in or shaping eyebrows. There are Pencils and powders, and even stencils for those who need the extra help. It can be overwhelming knowing exactly what to use to fill in your brows. I normally suggest selecting a powder or pencil than is the same tone as your hair, but about two shades darker than the hair-color. I personally use a cover girl pencil in the color midnight-brown.




The best way to find the look you prefer is just through trial and error. If you don't know how to use pencil properly, the results can be lined eyebrows that look too sharp and harsh. When I fill in my own brows I do what I call “hair strokes” following the natural growth pattern of your eyebrows. If you feel like that is too much work for you, then powder may be the way to go. If you feel like you need a stencil, they can be found at most beauty supply stores. And when it comes down to it, don't get discouraged if you can’t get them perfectly symmetrical, it takes a lot of practice to get them close. Eyebrows are more like sisters rather than twins anyway and you will never get them absolutely perfect. I promise you though--if you keep practicing and add eyebrow care to your beauty routine, you will be pleased with the results.

-Lindsay



My name is Lindsay Myers and I'm a licensed cosmetologist. I have been practicing for 12 years now, my specialties include; color, cutting, styling, waxing, and makeup! I absolutely love my job, it keeps me on my toes and never loses it's excitement. I love seeing people transform, not just visually but also internally. Nothing beats watching a client walk out the door with their chin up, strutting their stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm in this for the long haul, and I'm glad you've joined me.

-Rachel
'Hate on, & watch me fly'-J*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...