Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rock it or Roll it?

This week has been full of  Roll it's  for me.  So, instead of being a total downer, we will just do this week's  Rock it or Roll it a little differently.. 
{P.s. One Rock it for the week: My mother in law. She is awesome & I really appreciate her.  I got a good man, with a good momma. SWEET}!   :)

Photographers, clients, future clients, anyone. Married or not, I want to know what YOU think is appropriate attire for a wedding photographer. I was doing a little research for an upcoming event I am photographing, and I came across an interesting blog forum with a debate on how a photographer should, or shouldn't dress at a wedding.  I will be honest, there were some very good points to all sides that I hadn't ever considered (is that bad?).  I already have my own opinion on what I feel is appropriate 'dress code' for a photographer, but I want to know YOURS. How would you expect a photographer to dress at your wedding?

This is for all types of weddings: Beach, church, backyard, etc.

Keep a few things in mind: Photographers walk a ton and move constantly. Many photographers, at one point or another, will be on the ground for a shot, or possibly on a ladder or chair to get above the people in the picture.

Most photographers will do one of the following examples:

Outfit A: Very professional attire. This would include a suit for guys & a dress suit for the ladies. Dressy shoes. Accessories. The works.

Outfit B: Dressy-casual. This would include slacks (NOT khaki's) with a nice button up shirt/blouse, for both the dude & chica photographer a-like.

Outfit C: Casual but nice. This would include something like a summer dress with flip flops for girls. Khaki's and a nice tee, possibly button up for the guys.

Outfit D: Prep. This would include a pair of nice, dark jeans (no holes, no wash/fade). A nice, slightly fancier top with dressy shoes to accommodate the jean-factor.


What do you think? Be honest. I like opinions.  :)


-Rachel Eve

2 comments:

  1. I've always seen photographers wearing black slacks with a black shirt with comfortable shoes. Apparently it helps with lighting and color so that whatever color you're wearing doesn't reflect onto what you are taking a picture of. Personally I'd say looking a little more professional, but at the same time if you are also a guest of the wedding reception, which you will be at mine :), it is also important for you to feel comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it depends on the situation. If it is a casual wedding I do not think dressing in the Outfit A would work, and if it was a fancy wedding jeans of any kind I would not think would work. I also do not think a skirt/dress would never work do to you do not want to be laying on the ground or on a ladder in it. I believe that you need to be comfortable in your outfit no matter what it is. If you are not comfortable it will be hard to get your subjects comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm in this for the long haul, and I'm glad you've joined me.

-Rachel
'Hate on, & watch me fly'-J*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...