Friday, February 18, 2011

Beginning of Rock 'N Roll

Okay. So, really this has nothing to do with the true beginning of Rock N' Roll. Instead, it's the first segment of my weekly Rock it or Roll it blog series.  Not everyone will like or get the name, & that's fine by me because it fits me perfectly.


Rachel's 'Rock it'- any positive, fun, exciting, cool, or good personal experiences from that week, etc.

Rachel's 'Roll it'- anything opposite of the above.

While most of these will be my pure opinion, I love to hear others' perspectives. Who knows what direction  this segment will go.  One week it may be a serious topic and another something totally random and just fun. Why you ask? Because that's just how I am.

I am hoping 'Rock it or Roll it' will help my clients (past, present & future) understand and get to know ME a little better as a person, because that's what makes me the photographer I am.

Rock it

At a stop light on my way home,, I noticed the girl next to me was very animated singing along to her music. Animated is actually an understatement.  Pretty sure she thought she had a solo on Broadway right then and there. I was extremely tempted to get my cell phone out and snap a picture, before I realized I was singing along, loud and proud to my CD. I love singing in the car. No one can hear me {or so we hope} and I can turn it up as loud as I want to sing to my hearts content. So really I am the loon singing to myself just like the 'crazy' girl next to me. So what? Music is the doorway into the soul. Everyone has some song, some genre,, that speaks to them. So, when you're driving down the road, I encourage you to not give a hoot about the judgmental car next to you, secretly doing the same thing, and sing. Sing loud. Sing Proud. At the stop light, dance a little. Enjoy life. Rock out to what sings to YOU. It really is cool. I promise.  :)

Roll it

Someday I hope this week's 'Roll it'  will make it's way up to the 'Rock it'. Jilian Michaels has been my BFF lately. I decided it's been over a year since I had my baby, it was time to get into serious gear and kick my butt back into shape. If anyone has ever tried her DVDs you know what I mean. I was so proud, thought I did super awesome. I'll keep it short & just say, apparently I gave my right arm, leg, etc the benefit of the doubt and went full throttle - leaving me to wimp out on my left side. It's kinda like when half your face is numb from the dentist, but half of me is sore. Guess I just have to work my way into the no wimp zone!



{p.S. Snow=another Roll it for this week. Seriously, let's bring on the spring, and roll that white fluff right on outta here}!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm in this for the long haul, and I'm glad you've joined me.

-Rachel
'Hate on, & watch me fly'-J*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...